Bath/Shower Diverter flow question | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath/Shower Diverter flow question in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

A

almunro

I have a bath shower mixer that is working fine except for the pressure that comes out of the shower. The pressure out of the bath spout, but when its directed to the shower head the pressure that comes out is pathetic. Its not even enough to make water come out of every nozzle on the shower head. Ive checked the shower head and as its new, it has no limescale build up. It also doesn't seem to have any flow restrictors in it.

So i moved on to check the diverter valve. It is clean inside with no build up but from looking at it i can see that the design of it would be the restricting part. As you can see by the photos, the water has two small holes to go through when its diverted to the shower head. My questions are;

- Could i get another couple of flow holes drilled through the diverter to increase flow?

- Would a new mixer have a better flow rate to the shower head? Such as this one Contract Bath Shower Mixer With No.1 Kit - Sagittarius | CO/105/C

- Can you buy replacement valves with bigger flow rates/holes etc?

Any other advice to improve the flow would be great. Although it has to be limited to the mixer etc as I'm renting but have approval to replace the mixer and or valve etc.

Thanks
Alex

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you tried removing the head to see if it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I know they require the ibox installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
Recycle it and have a nice new one instead:)
Replies
Views
Back