Bath tap does not work first thing in morning | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath tap does not work first thing in morning in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

jneil

We have a combi boiler and everything has been fine for a couple of years. About 4 weeks ago we noticed that first thing in the morning no hot water would come out of the mixer tap - the cold worked fine. The hot taps on the sink and in the kitchen were ok. Later in the day the bath hot tap worked again. Also as the tap is turned on towards its maximum the water volume appears to reduce. I thought that possibly there was an airlock but have read subsequently that this is unlikely with a combi boiler as everything is at mains pressure. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

Sorry don't kmow how but I thought it was new taps :uhoh2: must be dreaming about the monobloc kitchen taps and my "New Smilie" you see this thing called a waste disposal unit was inn the way!!!

A few years back I went out to a kitchen hot tap that wouldn't work on Saturday mornings, fine all week then every Saturday morning it stopped working. After a long time head-scratching Iit turned out to be a broken isolating valve under the sink. It looked fine but the valve inside had somehow seperated from the part that you turn outside. Inside it was almost closed regardless of what position it appeared to be in.
Would be worth a look to see if you have the same problem.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I have now replaced the tap valve and all appears to be working ok again. Happy Christmas!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Great advice, and I really appreciate it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back