Bath tap issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath tap issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Morning Friends

I've got a bath where the taps are located along the length of the bath at the rear, so they're against the wall.

I can't obviously get anything under to change the taps.

am I being stupid or in this scenario does the bath need to come out?

Thanks

Rct

The tap drips, ceramic valve. I've tried buying new inserts and a new valve both failed. The owner doesn't know the make so I can't order from the supplier.

The bath is fixed at 3 walls with only the front length open.

at a loss!

Never understood why people do this! It makes no sense.

Just get Croppie over to give you a hand. He'll walk under the bath and change the taps or you.

They wanted taps on the back wall and now they will pay the price. Sounds like taps are a Tapstore special of Chinese tat.

Tiles will need to be disturbed.

You either need to get hold of a really small person to walk under the bath or a really tall, lanky person like me. One of the few advantages of being 6'3" and lanky is being able to squeeze in at the side of the bath and get my long gangly arms up to the middle to undo those awkward taps.

Thinking about that, I need to insist all my baths are put in this way. At least down the line there is more chance the customer will be calling me for maintenance jobs!

The landlord doesn't want to refit any tiles. He also doesn't want to refit taps. He doesn't j ow the make of the tap.

I've taken the valve to plumbers merchant and they've measured and ordered one. It the last chance saloon!

Sounds like a hiding to nothing! You need to charge for your time regardess.

The landlord doesn't want to refit any tiles. He also doesn't want to refit taps. He doesn't j ow the make of the tap.

I've taken the valve to plumbers merchant and they've measured and ordered one. It the last chance saloon!

That's more than I would have done to be fair. If he doesn't want to replace the tap he can get another plumber in I say. That sounds like a lot of running around to do him a favour at not much cost to him matey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have recently done a similar job with drop...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always prefer separate wastes where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Chrome disc Tops definitely unscrew,, Anti...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Replacement complete valves are available, you...
Replies
Views
S
I’d only choose something named and with a...
Replies
Views
Back