Bath tap too fast for the boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath tap too fast for the boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A

Alan Wheeldon

I have a Viessmann boiler 100 35Kw. When I turn the bath tap on full the water comes out cold. If I turn it down the water comes out hot. The tap flow rate is 12 litres per minute. Why can't my Viessmann boiler cope with that? Does it need a new part? Thanks

Fit a flow limiting device to the boiler flow rate

Any 35kw boiler should give a temp of 50C at a flow rate of 12LPM from mains water presently ~ 7C. Don't know what your bath tap flow rate is but you can either install a flow limiting device as above or just throttle the bath tap to give you the required temperature, in the summer the mains temp may reach 15C so the flow rates will be a fair bit higher at the same temperatures, examples below.
From mains temp: 7C
Flow/Temp: 18LPM/35C,15LPM/40C,13LPM/45C,12LPM/50C,10LPM/55C,9LPM/60C.
From mains temp: 15C
Flow/Temp: 25LPM/35C,20LPM/40C,17LPM/45C,14LPM/50C,13LPM/55C,11LPM/60C.

Similar plumbing topics

IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
J
Omg, thank you :) I have a filling loop with 2...
Replies
Views
Janiss
J
Back