Bath waste into soil pipe help. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath waste into soil pipe help. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening chaps

i know a lot of you like a good poo pipe query so here goes.

Went to a ground floor flat this morning where bath waste enters soil pipe horizontally.

As you will see from the pics there is very limited fall and new owner has complained about toilet waste coming up the bath plug hole.

Trying to think if a suitable way to resolve this. Other than hepvo or a check valve I can't see how this can be resolved as access to main vertical soil is very limited and would result in bath joining the vertical stack below the toilet which I didn't think was allowed. Bath can also not be raised!

Any thoughts?

cheers Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 58
Apologies pics haven't uploaded right. In both instances white waste pipe is running horizontally into horizontal grey soil

I think a check valve might be your best\quickest option her is the toilet waste from the same bathroom or next floor up that's entering the bath

I think I would check the drain for a blockage before going any further !!!

If the toilet is showing in either of the two higher wastes its blocked.

I'm with Chris on this. Check it's all doing as it should first.

As mentioned custard complained of waste water coming back up the plug hole. In my short time there to quote for repair I couldn't replicate this. Flushed loo at least a dozen times and all worked fine. Bath also drained quickly. I'll definitely give the pipework a good rodding first but I think given the lack of space a check valve would be the safest bet. Thanks all

As mentioned custard complained of waste water coming back up the plug hole. In my short time there to quote for repair I couldn't replicate this. Flushed loo at least a dozen times and all worked fine. Bath also drained quickly. I'll definitely give the pipework a good rodding first but I think given the lack of space a check valve would be the safest bet. Thanks all
Hep v0 would work well. You candy do much with the fall. Non returns get stuck open very easily .

It's possible the 38mm is too far into the stack, the stack is blocked or the vent isn't right, the fall is minimal but there's no way soil should back up into the bath,

The toilet obviously woirked ok up until now as doesnt look like a new instal so im with the guys on clear the 4" and what ever is obstructing the wc from traveling its path and also check your vent pipe is clear,

Had a text from new owner saying that the property was vacant since April till now and they said that previous owner left it in a right state with unflushed toilet full of paper. I'm wondering if my overuse of the flush has maybe just shifted what ever remnants and the problem has now gone. I'm still thinking hepvo to be safe though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
Back