Bath waste | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Any tips on sealing this type of bath waste in the picture. Looking at sealant between every washer and surface. Through I know this can cause the rubbers to slip. Usually come across the bath wastes where you just tighten with a screw. Thanks for any further tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_214151.jpg
    IMG_20191003_214151.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Dan
Add some ptfe tape to the threaded section from the overflow slots to 25 mm from the end of waste a smear of quality sanitary silicone on the washers assemble as shown and don't overtighten hand tight and half a turn should be enough . Kop

About 8 I would say trail and error really it helps stop the water running down the threads when overflow water enters the waste this is often a problem on vanity unit basin wastes and combined bath waste and overflows only yesterday I attended this one . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_115717.jpg
    IMG_20191004_115717.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Plumbers mate will do the job better. it's a...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As it's rented you'd be better off contacting...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Did you manage to solve this issue? If so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage...
Replies
Views
Back