Bathroom fitting issues | DIY Bathroom Fitting Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom fitting issues in the DIY Bathroom Fitting Forum area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hey fellers, Are all flush pipes the same size? Concealed or standard? I have a duravit concealed cistern where the flush pipe isnt long enough. So would be nice if i could buy just a normal flush pipe and trim to suit?

Also, I went to look at some bath taps the other day, victorian style. Ones with a flexi shower coming out the top. but, when it was just put in tap mode, the washer was leaking and so water was coming out of the shower. I pulled the tap to bits and could not work out how to get the little stopper to come out. I shall show you a picture.

And last but not least, a shower, keeps dripping, but I also could not work out how to take it apart. I think it had been stuck together with Plumbers mait or something as It was all gooey and sticky. No matter how hard I tried pulling, twisting to the left, to the right, it would not come apart. And before you say it...yes i did undo the grub screw. A picture will also be below.

Cheers fellers 2012-09-24 11.16.31a.jpg2012-09-24 11.16.41b.jpg2012-09-24 11.29.07c.jpg

Oh and might be debris in the shower cartridge stopping it from shutting off fully. Id try removing that little white cap at the front to get inside the shower

11/4 inch really? The cistern part seems so much bigger. So, just a long radius bend on 11/4 you say?

I have moved all that from the shower fitting, its the silver body behind it i struggled with getting off

Sorry i didnt read your original post closely enough. Im not sure about a duravit but i know it works on conventional cisterns with standard syphons as ive dont it before

At least the 3/8 fittings are easy enough to get hold of if you go to the right places. Really not sure how youd go about extending that flush pipe of yours. Have you tried contacting manufacturer to see what they suggest?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
The toilet waste needs to have a drop always...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an existing shower which I've removed...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
Back