Bathroom Sink and Bath plumbed to the Toilet Waste pipe ( is this normal ?) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom Sink and Bath plumbed to the Toilet Waste pipe ( is this normal ?) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glasgood

Hi,

Could you please advise,

I recently had a bathroom fitted and now several months later we have human waste backing up into the bath. The plumber has plumbed our bathroom sink and bath directly onto the waste-pipe that our toilet is connected to. Can anyone advise me if it is within the plumbing regulation for a plumber to do this.

I have attached a photo of this below and would welcome your comments.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply, the picture loads when I clicked on Attachmnet 9069.

i have seen this so many times fitted by local councils so it cant be that much of a biggie, the only thing is they also install a non return valve to the basin and the bath, this stops any unwanted things coming back up through the plug
www.south-london-plumbers.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thank you both, I really appreciate your help...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Back