bathroom soil and waste pipe uncertainty | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss bathroom soil and waste pipe uncertainty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I'm creating a wet room out of a bathroom. I lifted the floors to find the soil pipe run as in the attached diagrams. Two questions (assuming I can get the required fall)

1) Is this soil pipe arrangement (in yellow) look okay to you? It looks unnecessarily convoluted to me. I think there was previously a toilet where the the end cap is.

2) Do the waste pipe runs (in red) that I intend to put in look okay? They will join the soil pipe with strap on bosses.

I think the soil pipe arrangement is asking for trouble but its been like that for years I presume without probem. I have taken the dead leg off as a start and will put an end cap in there. Doing much more will be tricky as you can see from the limited access shown in the photos.
Any thoughts?

soil_pipe_explanantion.jpgCaptureA.91.jpgCaptureE.1.jpgIMG_20201106_124107.jpgIMG_20201106_124012.jpg

agree the soil doesnt look the best route but if its working :D

i would use a 2" pipe and combine the both eg basin and shower waste and use an anti vac trap on the basin would simplify your runs eg 11/2 straight from the shower to the basin run etc

agree the soil doesnt look the best route but if its working :D

i would use a 2" pipe and combine the both eg basin and shower waste and use an anti vac trap on the basin would simplify your runs eg 11/2 straight from the shower to the basin run etc
Thanks. Leaving it would be the preferred option if its not too crazy.
I like the idea of combining the wastes but i went to a lot of trouble replacing the joists and I'd be gutted to notch or drill holes in them.

Thanks. Leaving it would be the preferred option if its not too crazy.
I like the idea of combining the wastes but i went to a lot of trouble replacing the joists and I'd be gutted to notch or drill holes in them.

run them below and through the wall ?

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Back