Bathroom tap no cold water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom tap no cold water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

T

Tristan Kinslow

Hi.

I'm trying to work out why there is no cold water coming out recently from bathroom mixer tap. Hot water still works fine.

Im stuck on working out to unscrew tap head to try changing the washer in the hopes it helps.

I've attached an image of the tap mentioned.

_20181208_161113.JPG

the tap feels normal when turning on and off and takes a few turns to go from fully off to on. There is cold water from the bath tap still.

I have not changed anything over time, it just gradually got worse until no water came out.

It is not a cartridge but a traditional mech.

As that is the case it is unlikely to be the tap. I suggest removing the valve, putting your hand over where the valve goes and get someone to turn the water back on SLOWLY. If the water flows freely then it is indeed the valve. If not, then its elsewhere.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As above 22-3/4 soldered tap connector
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
Back