Bathroom Towel Radiator Noise near electric element | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom Towel Radiator Noise near electric element in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

About a year ago, I had the bathroom towel radiator replaced with a larger one, and an electric dual-fuel element added.

The wet circuit is driven by a Multi-fuel stove that is rarely used, and the electric element is used almost all winter, on a programmable thermostat, to heat the bathroom.

It works fine, except that over the last two months, when the element is powered and heating, it makes noise, which can vary from a slight fizzing, to louder pops or bangs that resonate through the pipework and is loud enough to be a nuisance. They come from where the element is, within the radiator.

I had all the radiators fitted with Aladdin auto-bleed valves at the same time, a year ago, but if I turn on the circulatory pump, I can hear some air in the system downstairs - I don't know if this is relevant. But bleeding the pump does not clear that, and running the pump or the stove for a few hours does not solve the radiator noise problem, and it is getting quite annoying.

It's NOT the usual noise of expansion and contraction of the radiator. I've checked that the mountings are not overtightened, and I can tell that the noise is being created by the water within the radiator around the element.

What could be causing the problem, and how can I fix it?

What can I do to

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Correct that’s for expansion both should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks - that's interesting. I did close the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
With one valve closed no circulation will take...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Back