Bathroom Waste Layout - Horizontal Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom Waste Layout - Horizontal Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m proposing to add a shower. It’s just 1.2m x 1.6m. I have seen similar posts to this on the forum but not quite my situation.

I am proposing to run one 110mm soil pipe in the 180mm (7”) ceiling void, with 1:40 slope, between the joists in the bathroom floor. Connecting the shower, toilet and vanity unit into this soil pipe using 40mm and 32mm boss straps (or boss pipe connectors) for the shower and vanity unit and an 110mm equal branch for the toilet. Please see attached diagrams. The end of soil pipe will be blanked off after the connection for the vanity unit. Due to the limited void the boss connectors will be set as high as possible in the soil pipe but only about ½ to ⅔ the way up soil pipe.

I propose to fit a 92.5 bend (with access point) where the soil pipe goes through the outside wall and run this horizontally (1:40) into an equal branch into the existing stack. I plan to fit a Durgo/AAV on top of the equal branch on the vertical stack as there is a small window directly above the existing stack making a vent pipe rather awkward (and unsightly).

So my questions:-

1) Are my plans realistic, are there any issues I need to address please?
2) I have seen some people advising boss connectors rather than boss straps - what’s considered best?
3) Is the proposed Durgo/AAV on the existing stack sufficient? I could, with a lot of difficultly, put a vent pipe, with AAV, up into the roof space after the vanity unit. If considered really necessary what is the minimum size of pipework required?

Please forgive my non-technical descriptions but I am new to this. I consider myself to be a competent DIYer and would very much appreciate some expert guidance.

Many thanks, Howard

Attachments

• Soil Pipe Design.pdf
    156.7 KB · Views: 53

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Cheers oz-plumber, good advice. I've ordered...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
D
As above pictures help a lot. The open vent...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back