Baxi 100 HE Plus - Lockout | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 100 HE Plus - Lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soram

I know the Baxi 100 is not great but I still own one unfortunately! My current problem is an ignition lockout. At least that's what the lights are indicating - top red (solid) bottom green (solid).
Problem is I have had ignition problems in the past, had the boiler serviced and the electrodes replaced which sorted it out. At that time all I needed to do was press the reset button and it would try to fire again immediately - I could hear the clicks. It would eventually fire.....

This time is different. I have three zones - one on a timer/thermostat, one for the hot water on a timer/thermostat but upstairs just has timer/TRVs on all the rads. I can run the timer/thermostat zones fine but if I run the TRVd zone at some stage I come back and the red lockout LED is solid like there was an ignition fault. I can only clear this by holding the reset button for a long time i.e. 30-60 seconds. Then I can hear the pump and the fan but it does not try to spark. Then it locks out again. I can do this for ever but no dice. I have found that if I clear the fault but immediately turn the heat demand off so disconnecting the boiler before the lockout and then restarting it will fire normally. It will run for weeks properly if I leave this zone turned off so I don't believe it can be anything to do with the ignition itself.

I am guessing some issue with the response into the TRV loop when there is no flow but the manual says it should try every 3 minutes. And why the ignition lockout status lights?

So does anybody know if there is another undocumented reason the ignition lockout status will come on?
If not would anybody know where to start looking? To note: the system has had a new controller and has been serviced this year to no avail on this issue. Also the flow switch seems to work as when it was flushed there was an airlock in the system and this caused the correct lights to flash indicating no water flow......

I've had so many 'experts' look at this boiler in the past for various issues and not been satisfied that I am reluctant to pay another without having some understanding of what might be the issue first.

Cheers!

problem is you need someone who understands the boiler and system, you have yet to find them, other problem is we cant give advice on boilers in open forum. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
It was the board, of course it was the...
Replies
Views
It's part of a service for me, quick check...
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
Back