Baxi 105 he electrical trip fault ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105 he electrical trip fault ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benny_headland

Customer with baxi 105 he combi boiler keeps tripping the electricity out, the RCD keeps tripping and have to tern the boiler off to tern the electricity back on!
I'm sure this is more so down to an electrician to sort out tho anyone have any ideas?

Ben
Atlantis heating

Earth leakage within the boiler somewhere if it's knocking out an RCD...

Switch off and safely isolate the mains feed to the boiler and any other feeds that may take 230v into the boiler such as wierdly wired secondary valves, stats etc. No one like getting hit with mains voltage...

Check for any cables that have chafed through against the casing or been pinched.

Using either a meter, check for resistance between line and earth at each component.
The one where you have a low resistance (or continuity if using a simple tester) should be the fault.

First place I'd look would be solenoid operated valves or the pump. - Could be any component though.
Also check that the connections to the boiler haven't burnt / broken down as this could allow enough current to flow to earth to knock out an RCD.

Hope this is some help... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Check for water ingress around pump (Take electrical cover off and have a sniff)
2. Link out external controls for a while to eliminate

check pump, fan and flow switches for leakage pump or fan or water where it should not be are the3 biggest causes of this fault

thanks for all your help on this!
terned out the seal on the flue had gone and the condence water was driping through in to the boiler from above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
P
Have you paid everything he asked for and did...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Back