Baxi 105E boiler fault. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105E boiler fault. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevo1_l

Hello,

Our boiler is very noisy when recirculating water. We beleive this to be air in the system and think that the automatic vent maybe the fault. Could anyone please offer any advice how to change this and if we will need to drain the system (partially or fully?).

Many thanks
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Issolate heating flow & return to boiler, [valves] drain boiler. right side of boiler small drain off , fit new ,turn on & repressure to 1.25 bar

If you have been using on hot water mode only for the last few months and auto vent not working, try running on heating mode a short while to dispel any air build up then when quietens turn back to hot water only, auto vent will require fixing though or could cause further damage

imho

Issolate heating flow & return to boiler, [valves] drain boiler. right side of boiler small drain off , fit new ,turn on & repressure to 1.25 bar

I don't understand the need to close the ch iso valves. It doesn't make one jot of difference if u do or don't. The only thing that may happen as a result of closing ch iso valves is they may leak.

Personally I dump the pressure then work on the boiler. I always tell the apprentices never to use them especially on open vented systems.

I don't understand the need to close the ch iso valves. It doesn't make one jot of difference if u do or don't. The only thing that may happen as a result of closing ch iso valves is they may leak.

Personally I dump the pressure then work on the boiler. I always tell the apprentices never to use them especially on open vented systems.

ditto, my veiw about isos as well

I often do the same, & agree about the posibility of the isso valves leaking, just giving sensible advice for untrained hands.

weve had this arguement before, if the isos leak, you could always replace them, leave the customer with a fully functioning system and make some money at the same time, if they work and dont leak problem solved and you dont make as much money.

weve had this arguement before, if the isos leak, you could always replace them, leave the customer with a fully functioning system and make some money at the same time, if they work and dont leak problem solved and you dont make as much money.

Totally agree old plumb :):)

Okay, at the weekend we changed the aav and repressured up to 1.25 bar. The first day it seemed much better but yesterday & today it's been noisy again. What else could cause a fault like this on the 105E?
Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I know there are such things as heat meters...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back