baxi 105e boiler taking ages to heat the water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi 105e boiler taking ages to heat the water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VITALORGAN

hi , we have had this fault with our baxi for a while now, i have had a plumber out who serviced the boiler changed the fan, scratched his head and gave me a bill! , we still have the problem. When the hot water tap is switched on the boiler 'cycles' about 10 times or more before the burner kicks in and starts heating the water, this can take up to 5 gallons of cold water before the hot starts coming through. When the boiler is 'cycling' ( best way to describe it ) the fan fault light flashes then when the burner kicks in the lights go out and its normal.
The cycling is like a regular whirring sound, and the cycle can go on for 10 or more 'whirrs' before the boiler kicks in. The plumber tried to tell me this was normal, although he did say it will cycle a few times to clear CO fom the boiler befoe kicking in ( or something ). Funnily enough when he tried to replicate the fault , sods law, it worked ok, but he had removed the boiler casing, when the case was back on the fault retuned ( related or coinciidence? dont know)

anyway

anyone any ideas that may help? I am fairly handy , and can replace if i know the right one to go for, obviously steering clear of the gas.

thanks chaps

rich

I think this is a job for a heating engineer my friend, sorry.

when the casing is of it will draw air from the room for combustion. when you refit the cover the air is drawn in from the flue. if the flue is blocked it will struggle for air for combustion and lock out. i would check your flue for obstruction. when in hot water mode it will really need air as you will here the fan sound more.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good bit of advice for work that should only be undertaken by a competent person.

its not like he has to set co/co2 ratios with an analyser or anything. just look in the the flue if its blocked clear it out with a flue brush. dont really need to be mega competent to do that. but i know what you mean.

thanks for that surely the 'gas engineer' i have paid so far to service the boiler , replace fan etc would have checked the flue wasnt blocked too?

Very true, your 'gas engineer' should have been capable of sorting it out.
But you called him a 'plumber'.
A big difference sometimes.
Was he Gas Safe? Did you check his credentials?

:welcome: to the forum VITALORGAN :)

Anything to do with messing with the flue has the potential to disrupt the safe working of the boiler, that said it's unlikely that you'd know as the carbon monoxide would just kill whatever decided to linger around the exhaust :)

I think you may benefit from shopping around personally, With the fault you describe the last component I'd replace would be the fan especially if it's running okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
M
Chances are there’s still air in the system...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
Back