Baxi 105e c/h not working, dhw fine | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105e c/h not working, dhw fine in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

V

Varthog

Hi all,
I,ve a problem with baxi 105e combi, fitted about 2004. C/h was drained down for replacement of rad in kitchen with towel rail. system flushed and refilled, inhibitor added.
System workes fine on DHW but no response at all to demand for c/h. no error lights coming on but light for C/h does not come on also. cant hear pump start, fan start or anything. as far as i am aware c/h was working fine b4 system drain down but c/h has not been used since spring,
any ideas??
:banghead:

It does not sound like the boiler check all your external controls.
Also check you have turned the room thermostat up.

I did say in initial post that there was no respone to demand for heating, meaning that the drayton wireless programer/stat was on caling for heat. the receiver is responding to call for heat, ~( green light on) but boiler not responding.

In that case if you are happy externals are all calling, I would link out external controls within the boiler (the reason I say this is the green light on the receiver just means it is being told to complete the circuit not that it is physically doing it) if no joy look at boiler selector switch.
Is the selector set to both heating and HW?

Last edited:
Thanks Armourer, I had tried switching boiler selector switch to dhw only and back, to rule out dodgy contact, still no joy.
time for bed I think
sleeping.gif

wil try linking out external controls tomorow, see if it makes any difference, but i cant see any reason that the external controlls should have failed at same time as I drained down system, am wondering whether it is a pressure switch problem or diverter?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not sound too promising.
If externals are calling and the selector switch is proved.

I would check your CH thermostat within the boiler
If that is ok then the next stage of operation should be "pump runs and primary flow switch made".

It does not sound too promising.
If externals are calling and the selector switch is proved.

I would check your CH thermostat within the boiler
If that is ok then the next stage of operation should be "pump runs and primary flow switch made".

Thanks very much Armourer, have now tied it down to the Selector switch, was not making decent contact so boiler did not know to respond to call for heating all sorted now.
thanks again, was not urgent as not cold yet, glad that i found it now not in the winter though.

:seeya:

Similar plumbing topics

Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back