Baxi 105e combi fan flue fault flashing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105e combi fan flue fault flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a baxi 105e combi. The fan flue fault light is flashing. Hot water on and fan starts and thats it, no burner. The fault finding check list says Air Pressure switch. Tested - got continuity on brown + black (boiler off) on switch... No blockages in APS pipes or flue.
Put Central heating on and nothing. The fan has a small kick probably a second of voltage to fan and that is it. Fault finding check list says micro switch/ sensor/ PCB.
Any advice appresiated..

Every 105/performa that have had this syptom it has been the PCB. Always seems to pulse fan when trying to start.

Do you get 240 to fan contacts when DHW demand?

Graham

Flow switch ok all moving as should and continuity when switched . Tested sensors 4k ohms each. Put all back and tested DHW only just in case and it worked??.. switched to CH and burner went out fan off. Back to DHW and nothing. Fan flue fault flashing as usual...

In training, the boss wants me to come up with a solution before wednesday when we are going to fix it. Thought I would get a heads up on solution from forum.

There is a slit second of 240v to fan (terminals 5 & 7 on the A2 connector on PCB) then nothing. Almost like a little kick to the fan 1/4 turn and off.

you'll cry if you change the pcb and it isnt that.. you have to be sure its that before changing it..

you've checked the aps ? how have you checked it

One thing to do before replacing is to take out the PCB and look for signs of overheating on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
The 830 and 630 are the same boiler, just the...
Replies
Views
you very rarely need the condy trap you just...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Yes mut pcb if you haven't got voltage at the...
Replies
Views
Back