Baxi 105e - H/W cycling on/off | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105e - H/W cycling on/off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

Got the above boiler giving a bit of grief. The hot water cycles on and off as the boiler gets too hot.

I changed the diverter valve after one of my work mates but the problem is the same.

I changed both thermistors as well.

Plate heat exchanger was replaced 12 months ago and a magnaclean was fitted at the same time.

The internal bypass gets red hot - baxi tech say this only gets hot if there's a blockage somewhere, so I have taken the plate heat exchanger off to see if there's any muck coming out of it, but it's nice and clean.

Have any of you guys got any idea what could be causing this?

Oh ye, heating works fine.

Although you have replaced the thermistors, you could have a duff one on the DHW. Have you checked the resistance? Should get about 12-13,000 ohms when cold. Other than that, i can only think of a pcb fault, as you've pretty much covered everything else.

Ye, checked the thermistors, they were all good.

Can't imagine it being a PCB fault as the bypass is getting red hot - and baxi tech say that'll only happen if there's a restriction somewhere, but can't think where else it can be as the heating is all working fine.

Does anyone know if there are any filters on the hot water circuit? I know there's one on the return iso, but that wouldn't affect the dhw

When you take the plate heat ex off, check inside the hydronic for crud too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Suggest monitoring and timing exactly...
Replies
Views
Do you find a solution, I have exactly the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Update on this post I finally got round to...
Replies
Views
Back