Baxi 105e High CO | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105e High CO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Today I have done my first boiler service on my own and have come into a bit of a problem.
The boiler is a baxi 105e ; the working pressure and burner pressure andgas rate were spot on, and the o2 at the intake, but when I tested the extract, the FGA warned of high CO, the level kept rising beyond 600 so I took the analyser probe out. The burner needed cleaning and there were a lot of dead insects around burner and on heat exchanger. The outlet sealing collar (between fan and flue) was snapped so I told customer that the boiler is dangerous and has to be left off until I replace the faulty part tomorrow. Could either of these problems have caused the high CO reading?

Also when I put the boiler all back together I had a small weep between the pump and pipe to the hex. I tried to fix it but ended up getting water everywhere.
I put the boiler back together and tried to fire it up out of curiosity, but fan didnt run and it would not light and the red Flame Failure light came on solid.
What was the possible cause of the high CO (dirty burner/damaged collar?)
Is the cause of the lockout me getting water splashed about, or is it because I took it all apart and something is not making contact etc??

Thanks in advance, just my luck my first job turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. I isolated gas and told customer the boiler is out of order until I return.

If its the collar im thinking of, it could suck dirty exhaust air back into the intake.
That collar is always a red alert re inspection as they do corrode and come apart.
Did you put your probe into the clean side, should have got a solid ~20.9
Id never mess with the hex, they are often greenish around the union- but dry.
Trying to tighten will end in tears- probably lol

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah clean side was 20.8 and no readings for CO
the inner flue CO kept rising past 600 so I took the probe out to save damaging my analyser

As the sampling point is above the collar - id bet a weeks wages (around a fiver af tr er tax Mlud) that its recirculating dirty air

Im presuming you inspected the burner (took it out) and looked for splits/defects and the injectors were clear of lint and dust etc

You did check the system pressure ? After purging the water lol

Yeah i repressured to 1.1 bar. I had isolated and drained most of the boiler so only splashed about half a pint everywhere.

All you can do is get your volt meter out and follow the mi and check for power to gas valve etc one collar fixed.
Hopefully the water hasnt buggered something @

As the sampling point is above the collar - id bet a weeks wages (around a fiver af tr er tax Mlud) that its recirculating dirty air

I hope so it is an obvious fault.

Im presuming you inspected the burner (took it out) and looked for splits/defects and the injectors were clear of lint and dust etc

I removed casing, inner case, burner door, fan, burner, cleaned burner, injectors etc with hand brush and hoover. there was a fair amount of dust in there. (amongst all the cremated insects)

Thanks I will have my multimeter with me tomorrow to check the parts.

You have your fiver sir! The new collar did indeed get the CO to a good level. I changed the collar and the O rings behind the pump, filled her back up and she fired first time! Analyser readings were spot on too.

Well done subby. It will be the first of many pull hair out days lol. Least u conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Upto you the duo has a flow rate of 11 as the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It might be the boiler they have had a habit...
Replies
Views
Back