Baxi 105e instant combi- intermittant DHW | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105e instant combi- intermittant DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IDCHAPPY

This old chestnut again by the looks of it, customer complains of intermittent hot water so i called Baxi and they recommended a new DHW sensor.
I ordered one up, and finally got it to see/change it(they work during the day so it's another night time only visit :( ).

Fired it up and it seemed fine and customer seemed happy, roll on the next day and they are saying they are still having a problem so back out i go.

The preheat/temp control dial is right down so i turn it up mid way. They turn on the tap and I'm getting circulation round the heating circuit when it's fired up, even when it's on hot water only and the 60 C light if light(which is pump fault according to the manual). Both micro switches appear fine as do the pins pushing them so I presume it must be an error with the actuator on the 3 way?

Are these boilers crap? :lol:

Thanks in advance chaps :smoking:

This old chestnut again by the looks of it, customer complains of intermittent hot water so i called Baxi and they recommended a new DHW sensor.
I ordered one up, and finally got it to see/change it(they work during the day so it's another night time only visit :( ).

Fired it up and it seemed fine and customer seemed happy, roll on the next day and they are saying they are still having a problem so back out i go.

The preheat/temp control dial is right down so i turn it up mid way. They turn on the tap and I'm getting circulation round the heating circuit when it's fired up, even when it's on hot water only and the 60 C light if light(which is pump fault according to the manual). Both micro switches appear fine as do the pins pushing them so I presume it must be an error with the actuator on the 3 way?

Are these boilers crap? :lol:

Thanks in advance chaps :smoking:

Have u checked diaphragm and secondary hex for cleanliness? I had one in a pizza establishment where by the thermister in pcb was goosed!

Have u checked diaphragm and secondary hex for cleanliness? I had one in a pizza establishment where by the thermister in pcb was goosed!

I was thinking about the plate hex, the things rammed in a cupboard though so i was hoping it may be something simple ::smile5:

What temp rise you getting on the hot? Flow rate is?

This time of year hot water is going to be a lot colder ... However if it's backing down the heating then it'll be either phex or diverter faulty I'd guess :)

If your getting circulation around the heating circuit (when heatings off and a hot tap is run) the diverter valve needs looking at/replacing, its not sending all the primary water to the plate heat exchanger, so not heating the hot water enough
Have had a few Baxi's like this

As above. Beware also, that if the diverter is passing on these, and you leave the preheat on, the boiler will just run and run

As already said could be diveror I had exactly same problem, stripped it and found loads of gunge around the spindle with rubber stop on inside the valve. Cleaned if reassembled and working fine. Beward don't let water get everywhere ie on pcb if you do this

Replace or strip and clean the diverted valve and phex. Most likely the phex will be ok if cleaned with some x800 or such like but the diverted may well need replacing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the guy hasn't got back to me yet, which reminds me, i still have to bill him of the investigations and sensor... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Upto you the duo has a flow rate of 11 as the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back