Baxi 105HE Combi Boiler Instant - Flame Failure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 105HE Combi Boiler Instant - Flame Failure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StevenG

I replaced the expansion vessel today in my Baxi 105HE Combi Instant boiler. All went fairly smoothly but I did have to disconnect it from the wall in order to access the expansion chamber.

Having got it all back together again and refitted back on to its frame and all the gas and wet connections, I got a Flame Failure/Condensate warning neon and it will not light.

I have checked gas supply and double checked the the gas valve is turned back on. I've purged the gas line although i doubt it needed it as the gas pipe was sealed at the gas valve on the fitting frame.

I have checked the condensate drain and it is empty and clear.

Is there a safety switch somewhere that I have tripped by disconnecting the gas supply?

HELP I'M FREEZIN!
Steven

I'm afraid you'll get the same answers here that you got elsewhere
Time to get an RGI in.

Last edited by a moderator:
steven what checks did you do after fitting it back on the wall ?

do you have a family ?

print this off it might save your lifes

CALL 999
student%20page%20image.jpg

StevenG are you a gas safe engineer? I think that's what everone would like to know!

Lol - Cheers all!
I'm not a gas safe engineer.
I turned the gas off at the meter and on the valve on the fitting frame and just removed the connecting nut between the fitting frame and the boiler. I gave the nut a good coating of 50/50 washing up liquid/water.

I've tested the circuit board connections following the fault finding guide:

There is no voltage across terminals 2 & 4 on the A1 connector which suggests the gas valve is not the problem.
The neon flame fault is flashing which suggests that it is not the PCB and that turning it to reset should be enough but no joy.

Stupid Steve

steve where not been mean we just dont want you to come to any harm or your lass , where are you based ?

Thanks - I understand and appreciate that.

I'm in Alva close to Stirling in chilly Scotland

put a post the i need a plumber section, not all plumbers are like you see on tv and dress like d1ck terpin. you might get some good offers from the lads on hear

I'd set out this morning to replace the expansion vessel without taking the boiler off the wall but i was about 25mm short of head room to remove the ev. The only option left was to remove the boiler from the fitting frame.
The frustrating bit is that according to the fault finding guide, it should be firing.

Bit of snow coming in your way over the hills tomorrow. Better get the hot water bottle and big slipper looked out.

Fair question - yup. Gas is definitely at pressure at the feed to the boiler valve.

No is the answer to your question regarding a safety switch tripped.... This is the furthest I've ever heard of a none GSR go with a boiler on this forum ... You must feel quite confident with maintenace. Alas you have come unstuck! Having disturbed the flue are you sure that the burner will be burning safely when you eventually get this back up and running Steven? Do you know the checks that are required? Will you tell the GSE what you've done if you call one out? If it were me landing at your home I'd hope you would because there are intrinsic safety checks that need to be carried out for safety once you've done the work you've undertaken ... *shrug*

Hi diamondgas
I've called in the local plumbing GSE and I've already explained to them all that I have done. He initially suspected condensate dripping on to the burner tray had shorted the ignition electrode but it is perfectly dry. Not working, but dry!
Re. knowing what to check on the flue: I checked my flue for obstructions, cleaned the joints and checked that the inner flue support bracket was sitting correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
just feel lucky that you are still able to post on here and not looking at a hole that used to be your house imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Back