Baxi 60/100 System Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 60/100 System Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys, I went to a new customers house today to install a new wc and basin. When i had finished the job the customer told me he has had a problem with his boiler for over a year and the original plumber he used had tried to fix it but given up. The problem is that the boiler only operates when the cover on the front of the boiler covering the burner assembly is left slightly adjar, as soon as you close the cover the burner flame goes out. Any ideas of a possible solution? Thanks Guys.

Bit of flattened copper to hold the door open? :lol: Joking mate!

If its not you're field of expertise I'd advise them to get some one in to repair the boiler IMHO :)

Ive checked the flue but i cant see anything wrong with it. The customer said the last plumber changed the fan but it didnt make any difference. Do you think its something to do with the flame retification? i'd really appreciate it if you could try and help me work it out?

Just another thought could it be blocked sensing tubes from the fan. The air is coming in a different way making it work?

I think the igntion lead may be shorting out on the casing? Am i getting warm diamond gas? Come on mate give us a clue? lol

Hi, honestly get someone to look at it who's gas safe.
You will end up replacing tons of parts and costing £££ plus possibly endangering the occupiers.

I am Gas safe. im just trying to learn. If we all just give up and get someone else to do it how are you supposed to learn.

I am Gas safe. im just trying to learn. If we all just give up and get someone else to do it how are you supposed to learn.

By patiently watching the guy who you get in to SAFELY complete the work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

By patiently watching the guy who you get in to SAFELY complete the work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
When I joined this forum I thought it was about sharing knowledge and expierence so that every can benefit and get better at there jobs. It seems that it's more about people who think they know everything trying to boost there ego.

It is. Join the private gassafe forum where we can talk about how to do gas work without jonny diy seeing it, thinking he knows what he's doing and then going on to wipe out half a street. If you stop throwing your rattle out a sec and use your head you'd understand why everyone is being evasive.

Personally I can't see how you could be GSR and not be able to sort this fault but that's just me.

I posted the topic in the forum. Whooopy do for you. What a hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Back