Baxi 80e combi problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 80e combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Hey all,
Had a problem with the boiler sequence starting so pump runs, fan runs and aps clicks. Fan was then shutting off and flame sensing light illuminated even though it didn't spark and no flame and no warning lights. The aps seemed a bit ropey so I replaced it. Boiler fired up first time so I put all covers etc back on and tried it just before I left, same as before. Reset it, no good covers off. Tried resetting a few times, but sequence the same, would run until fan runs for a second then cuts out and flame sense light illuminated and just sits there. Tried resetting couple of times then it fired and ran. Tried a few times and fired every time. Covers on and tried again few times and fired every time. Just got call to say it's back doing same thing, anyone any ideas? Any help appreciated as heads a bit fried now!

I rang Baxi technical and he went through checking aps and checking voltage to fan and both were ok. He seemed to run out of ideas at that and said it's probably the pcb. I'm just not 100% convinced that it's the pcb. If I order it and have it installed before Christmas and then it doesn't work I won't be the most popular of people!! Anyone any other ideas??

Usually if there is a wierd problem with a boiler and the display is the PCB

I rang Baxi technical and he went through checking aps and checking voltage to fan and both were ok. He seemed to run out of ideas at that and said it's probably the pcb. I'm just not 100% convinced that it's the pcb. If I order it and have it installed before Christmas and then it doesn't work I won't be the most popular of people!! Anyone any other ideas??

Remove the fan,venturie may be melted, fan relay in the pcb failed,if its not i would still be looking at the pcb

The pressure going into aps seems good and you can hear the click from it but as soon as you hear the click that's when fan shuts off. It's as if the pcb is reading the feedback from aps as not making even though it is.

Have you checked the wiring from the APS to the PCB? maybe a broken wire making partial contact or a dirty contact.

I may be wrong here because it is a while since i worked on those.
As with most boilers they start on low fire but I cannot remember if the fan drops to a low speed just as it gets to ignition, ask tech if it does that !

Yea, he said it was probably the pcb but didn't sound overly confident. I'm going to change it someday this week and I'll post how I get on

Changed pcb today and all's good. I'm always nervous putting in a pcb when it's a fault like this as I never feel 100% confident unless the old one has completely gone bang. I wouldn't think that there's too much wrong with the old board, is there anywhere you can send them to be refurbished? Would it be worth it? Thanks for all the help as always!

Just bin it. Well done by the way, it's always a leap of faith fitting a pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All basic electrical checks have been done...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
P
Sounds like a warranty call is required why...
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back