Baxi 830 radiator pipes connected wrong way round on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi 830 radiator pipes connected wrong way round on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Baxi 830 plumbed in correctly
Hi all
I have a new baxi830 4 months old. Noticed the other day that the central heating flow and return pipes too and from
My rads are connected to the incorrect boiler couplings. Eg the radiator flow pipe is connected to the radiator flow return connection on the boiler base the radiator return pipe complete with filter is connected to the boiler flow connection.
Another way of looking at it is my radiator return complete with filter is connected to the left hand side of the boiler and the flow pipe is on the right hand side. Checking out the manual it shows this is the wrong way round
The radiator return pipe via the filter is definitely cooler than the flow so the pump appears to be sending the water around the rads ok
Could anyone tell me if this is normal, acceptable, efficient and above all safe.
The heating itself is working fine as is the DJW side of the boiler.
Haven’t spoken to installer yet as i thought I’d gather some info first which may or may not be required depending on your replies
Thanks
James

Any pictures of the boiler ? The filter needs installing on the right hand return pipe on the boiler is a warranty thing without that your warranty is void

Any pictures of the boiler ? The filter needs installing on the right hand return pipe on the boiler is a warranty thing without that your warranty is void
Hi
hihi sh
hi Shaun thanks for the reply sorry no photos but I can assure you my radiator flow return pipe is connected to the left hand side of the boiler. I’ll give the local installer a call Monday and ask him why. I can’t see h making a mistake such as this , he install mostly baxi and has been in business many years I think he’s done it for a reason but need to mow why.
I can’t see it been down to it was easier to do it this way as there is loads of room around the bottom of the boiler location
Once again thanks

The filter should ideally be connected to the right hand pipe (return) at the boiler.
I’m confused about the rest of your description.
Do you have directional radiators?
Radiator flow return pipe?

The filter should ideally be connected to the right hand pipe (return) at the boiler.
I’m confused about the rest of your description.
Do you have directional radiators?
Radiator flow return pipe?
Hi Scott,
The filter which has the cooler water in returning back from the radiators, should if you look at the manual, be fitted to the right hand side connection on the base of the boiler. As you have described. Mine however is fitted to the connection on the left hand side, which is if you look at the manual, is for the hot water flowing out to the radiators.
The radiators are not directional, just standard rads with lock shields in one end and normal on / off valves at the other. Some have TRV on but not all.
Everything though appears to be working ok.

Thanks,
J

As long as your flow pipe is getting hot first then that should be OK, and the return pipe gets warm after, meaning the water is circulating. The magna filter should always be on the return.

Similar plumbing topics

the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
M
As above, flush and test before even thinking...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back