baxi back boiler and fire | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi back boiler and fire in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg27

hi all

after some clarification on bbu and fire in front, Yesterday went to do A landlord certificate with a back boiler and fire .
Fire had previously been turned off on 3 way valve and tenants told not to use fire, there was a crack in glass . I wasn't happy about leaving fire just isolated on the 3 way valve, after running fire it also faild spillage test. I rang gas safe as was unsure if I could leave the back boiler operating with the fire infront being Id , they advised to do as I thought

Now hve a suspicion the landlord has got someone else to reconnect it. Have I done the right thing or can the bbu left working wit Id fire

Any help appreciated

I thought That question should be on the gas safe register forum ,,

if its ID you need to raise the paperwork, and cut off both until repair done and spillage cured end of. Baxi will not advice you to run one without the other, so the answer lies in contacting baxi to see what they advice then follow their lead, the clue is what i have already said.

Get Admin to let you in the gas safe only forum. can't tell you what fittings to use or how cos tis public.

The fire and the back boiler are classed as one unit,and one part cannot be left operative without the other
If one part is id it all is
if you did not raise the correct paperwork you should do so now,to cover yourself,and if you believe part of the appliance has been reconnected and left working when the other part is id ,you should report this also
Anything technical about situation as said join gas safe forum...you will learn a lot in there probably

Thread closed. Read the 'how to join the gsr private forum' notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Back