Baxi back boiler/gas fire replacement | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi back boiler/gas fire replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

southerngrumpy

have a Baxi back boiler with GF3 fire front,the fire is not functioning properly and needs replacing.Unforunately Baxi no longer manufacture the GF3 and only produce a replacement back boiler combined with an electric fire.Have neen advised that the new system inc. labour would cost around 4k. (new flue + scaffolding). Also been advised to have a combi boiler instead,around 2k., but need to retain the hot water cylinder as this provides water to the power shower via a pump. Is this possible? Any suggestions for alternatives as 2k/4k seems excessive just to replace a gas fire !

The gas tap was faulty around 6 months ago and after a big search I managed to find one and had it fitted.Must have been a faulty one,its gone already.Dont think I'll find another one,model now obsolete.

Yes,Baxi have confirmed it's obsolete.They no longer produce gas fires,all back boilers now have electric fire fronts and they suggest replacing back boiler.

Thanks Mikey but pick up only,Gloucester'I'm near London !!!!

New boiler it is then ! Don`t go for a combi if you need plenty of hot water

Get a good system boiler and a good plumber to install it

Ask if you can arrange a courier yourself, their not that expensive too be honest.

could i just remove the gas fire or is this an integral part of the back boiler?

Gas fire is completely seperate to the boiler gas tap will just have to be turned to feed only the boiler burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Would need twinning in properly and I wouldnt...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is...
Replies
Views
Back