Baxi back boiler query | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi back boiler query in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, apologies in advance if some of the terminology is wrong - I'm a spark not a plumber. Got involved with this as I was asked to check the wiring on a two way valve at the home of a longstanding mate. System is a simple Baxi back boiler serving 5 rads and an indirect coil in the hwc. One zone programmer; water only heating is achieved by turning down the room stat, which closes the two way valve isolating the rads. The problem - after draining down the heating circuit to replace the two way valve and refilling, he's getting discoloured water in/from the direct hot water tap. Any suggestions as to what is causing this?

Thanx for the prompt reply GM. I could Google it, but can you offer a layman's explanation and is this something he can resolve himself with some basic advice from here? I should have mentioned that he will get a heat eng in if necessary, but is keen to fix himself if it is safe for him to do so.

There is only one main storage tank in the loft (he's the bottom flat of two). This tank supplies both the cw to taps and via different supply, to the heating.

There is only one main storage tank in the loft (he's the bottom flat of two). This tank supplies both the cw to taps and via different supply, to the heating.
so is there a separate tank for hot water and one for heating?

Nope, only one hwc. The attic tank is just a large open top one, there is no separate heating header tank.

in that case its definitely primatic the filling procedure involves leaving a hot tap open,all you can try is drain it again and refill with a hot tap open

Thanks GM, appreciate your advice, esp on a Friday night. I've noted from elsewhere also to fill slowly may help. I'll pass on the advice and see how it goes over the weekend. I much prefer electrical fault finding/solving:banghead:

:ack2:...note of caution,
:sick:...Do Not be tempted to add inhibitor to a radiator, or even worse into the cold tank!..:nuke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @Ian777 - I've just ordered EPH...
Replies
Views
Harp62
H
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back