Baxi back boiler removal | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi back boiler removal in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armspark

Hi I am a Handyman and have been asked to remove a Baxi back boiler which has been decommissioned by British Gas and a new Combi installed elsewhere in the house. Any tips?

Use a Vacuum and dust sheets as they can be messy. Disconnect any remaing pipe work, remove self tapping screw that holds the flue liner to the top of boiler. Now just drag the boiler forward, easy as that. Dont forget to plug holes where pipes were with blue roll as customers dont like black sludge on their carpets

Are they still using the fire ? what do they intend putting back in the opening ?

As much as I love british gas don't take their word for it that it's been disconnected. Make sure it's drained, make sure the electrical supply gas been correctly disconnected and make sure the gas pipe is clear of the opening and capped off. If you are blocking up the opening make sure the gas hasn't been capped with a compression fitting.

Hi there armspark, welcome to the forum,
I always find the easiest way to remove is to simply cut through the pipes and any cables making sure that all are dead, and at the top of the heat exchanger just below where the the flexi linner has the one self taper youl find 4 nuts n bolts holding the flue hood onto the boiler, i find by removing them the boiler simply slides out without having to wrestle with the flexi, remember to pack the pipes with tissue as water that will come out will be black and have dust sheets down for mess,
The boilers are manageable by one person but they can be heavy so you may need a helping hand to manouver through the house , good luck ,,,,
Have you been asked to brick the opening up as im sure unless it gets capped off at the top a vent has to be put in but that may have changed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Back