Baxi Bermuda 551 Back Boiler problem. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Bermuda 551 Back Boiler problem. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swanseashaun

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and looking for some help and advice.

Basically, all my rads around the house arn't heating up or some are slightly warming up - finding it really wierd.

Ive tried;

Bleeding all the rads
Balancing all the rads
Ive manually turned the pumped just in case this was sticking, but no problems there.
Ive been up the loft to check the tank to make sure it was filled and filling correctly and its fine.

I bought the house back in April this year and remember all the rads working and hot, and obviously havent tried the heating out since then because i havent needed to due to the summer.

Id appreciate it if anyone on here can help me out on how to get the central heating working as im really stuck on what else to try (except get a more up to date system which i will next year when i have the money)

Cheers guys.

If its working for hot water probably a motor valve at fault

I read up that if the motor valve is vibrating and making a noise its working fine..i did get the flat head on it and took it off and manually turned it to see if it was seized but i hadnt....but it wasnt continually on....it was going on then off then on and off....is that problem?

Hope im talking about the same thing you are lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I read up that if the motor valve is vibrating and making a noise its working fine..i did get the flat head on it and took it off and manually turned it to see if it was seized but i hadnt....but it wasnt continually on....it was going on then off then on and off....is that problem?

Hope im talking about the same thing you are lol

What type of valve is it?

Does the boiler fire for hot water only?

Sorry mate not sure what you mean by valve....but if i go in the airing cupboard there is like a red motor with a switch for 3 options and on on the side of it a large flat head screw....this is what i took off to see if it was seized but it was turning fine.

The hot water in the house is excellent but the pressure compared to the cold water is TERRIBLE

Sounds like gravity hot water and pumped heating. Probably best to get someone to take a look if you have tried all those things.

Just because pump is going round doesn't mean its doing anything, may be weak due to age or impeller is not going round, if your able, buy your self a new pump and replace it

Just because pump is going round doesn't mean its doing anything, may be weak due to age or impeller is not going round, if your able, buy your self a new pump and replace it

I think I will mate, because before I got into it, and started to turn it to see if it was seized, the rads weren't warming up what so ever. After I turned it, all the rads were warming up, so it must be something to do with the pump.

Do you think I should change it or bring someone in? Do you or anyone have any suggestions on a reall good pump for my system? and would it improve the pressure of my hot water because it comes out so slow.

The shower head that comes out of the bath taps is only letting cold water through even when the hot water tap is on. I think it's because the cold water pressure is much more than the warm water it's literally stopping it from streaming up and out of the shower head.

No pump only moves water round heating system, if your ok wiring pump (Same as plug 3 wires) and able to turn of valves at each side then have a go, if your going to be upgrading next year ask for old style pump new style double the price, just make sure that arrow on side of pump is facing in right direction , what you have on your bath taps is rubbish , and you answered your own question ref the water pressure , when you upgrade next year that will be the time to sort out these other faults.

yeah I'm going to give it a go myself.

Do you know of any way on how to get the water pressure up on my hot water? Or will that be an expensive job and should I just probably wait until I upgrade to a combi?

You could add a single impeller pump, but depending on other factors could cost up to £500, I would stick it out with what you have until you upgrade, the money you could spend now would be wasted, and could be put towards other things when you replace boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi… Defo, in agreement with Chis! First thing...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back