baxi bermuda 552 back boiler - banging noise! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi bermuda 552 back boiler - banging noise! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lins192

I have a central heating system with a baxi bermuda 552 back boiler and for several years it has been "banging" quite loudly. This starts about an hour after the heating comes on but settles down again after approximately 30 minutes. It is so loud and has recently become louder! Do I need a new boiler or is there something that I can do to stop this problem. Several heating engineers have serviced the system and couldn't identify what the problem was other than saying "oh ...the boiler's old, it needs replacing".

System might need flushing or you can try some fernox noise reducer F2 or sentinel x200

Well my first thought were that the boiler thermostat had gone but,several years,think you heat exchanger would have cracked or split by now !!,do you have thermostatic valves on the radiators ? If so it could be one of these making the sound once the room concerned has reached temp

hi there
tahnks for this thread my old baxi is banging found a snapped rad valve

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for your comment! If you don't mind...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back