baxi bermuda 552 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi bermuda 552 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guppy12

I had a new water meter fitted on wednesday, since then the central heating and hot water hasnt been working at all. Not sure as to what is going on. I located the boiler and a few switches under the fire place. The boiler is just a boiler without anything else there. there is no pilot light (according to the engineer who fitted the new cooker). Im not sure as of what to do.....would prefer some advice before i ring for an engineer so I dont get conned on charges etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Guppy

Baxi 552 has a pilot guppy :welcome:

Look on the back of the heating controls guard, bottom of the fire, it tells you there how to light the pilot :)

had a look everywhere..........can't find it. apart from tearing the fireplace apart nothing else i can do.......

Under the fire ... ! Depends on what fire you have fitted, living flame or radiant fire.... Most likely a grey button next to the boiler thermostat, push that in, and a bit further to one side a black or orange spark button.... Keep pressing until you see a pilot flame light or for no more than a minute!

Let the grey button out after the minute ... Boiler should light up God willing :)

theres a red one that is the ignition. i pressed the green ish one for like two minutes....no affect. thanks for your help btw

It's possible your ignition isn't working. If you can't light it as said, then you might need someone out to do it, and maybe replace ignition

the fireplace never worked but the central heating and hot water always did.....think im realising now that i have to get someone out :(

quite common for the spark to fail on these ... Taking it the red button makes the 'click'? Green button has a flame mark?

If the guy who fitted your cooker also turned your gas off then give him a call as he/they, well if it were me anyway, are obliged to relight pilots after disturbing the gas supply! Nothing to do with your water meter :)

after the gas engineer came the heating still working. yeah the red button makes the click.cant see a green button just the grey one. how much is the standard call out for an engineer

My eye's read green not grey ,,,, lol

Cost depends on your whereabouts TBH ... Post a request here with your general area [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL] and you can ask whomever replies that question B4 you accept their call :)

you sound like your wanting this done for nowt, charges vary but you have a small chance of getting conned, were not all cowboys

If heating was still working after engineer had been, then its possible its been blown out and spark isn't working as said, or your thermocouple is goosed, either way its wear and tear, looking at replacing a part plus time, I don't charge for call out on top but I would charge a minimum if it took me 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back