Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler where is the f&e cistern??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler where is the f&e cistern??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

Hi...was called out to fix a leaking radiator valve and add sludge remover to the system..no drain off valve anywhere in the system and could not find a f&e tank in the roof space...found cwsc that supplies the direct copper cylinder which works with electric immersion heater to provide hot water...i am a little baffled as i was thinking the boiler will have a f&e cistern which i could add sludge remover to when i drain down can not find it any where also no drain valve found i can drop into the void under the house and cut into one of the central heating pipes and let the water drain into the void and fix the leaking valve and install a drain off point but cant find any f&e tank..any 1 out there that can advise would appreciate it..Thanx

its fed from the hot water cylinder, its a tank within a tank, can't for the life of me think of its name though, bloody old age is horendous.

The DOC is sometimes on the side of the chimney breast adjacent to the back boiler, maybe hidden behind a board.
Are you sure the cylinder was a direct one & not primatic as if this was the case there would only be one loft tank.

Primatic cylinder.........not bad only 2minutes and it came back to me

Set up a temporary drain off using push fits (for speed on the snatch fit).
Cut into the pipework under the floor (prepare to get wet and explain why you have to do this to the customer).

After the drain of is in place fit hose and drain as normal and walk around listening to what is refilling(F&E) or if it just stops look for the expansion vessel and filling loop.

Its very unusual not to be able to track pipework though if you understand the basics??

Thanx seems it is a primatic cylinder...will get under the floor cut into one of the central heating pipes and drain as explained by armourer in my wet suit lol and fit a drain off valve..Thanx for the kwik response...

dont add inhibitor it can get mixed in with hot water that people may wash in.

Thanx stani..just looked it up in my books and yes no inhibitor not to be used in case the air bubble packs in and mixes the primary and secondary water...just a question is there danger of loosing this air bubble when i drain down the cylinder and refill once work is done? last thing i want is loosing the air bubble and the water mixing and "mrs miggins" bathing in central heating water lol
any precautions i need to take?

p.s think this website and all members are great! id be ringing my college tutor otherwise and he is a knightmare

as johnty says the air bubble should re-establish itself when you fill the system, I know its hard but just try and do a hot flush at least you will get rid of the most muck that way, and if it is something like 30+ yr old there should be some choice colours.

You should not add any type of chemicals to a primatic.

Drain the cylinder at the same time as the heating. The air bubble is self forming but the hot water WILL be dirty for a bit afterwards as it will stir all the muck up when refilling.

put air bubble in safe place until needed,primatic can be trouble on refill, i try not to drain and freeze if i can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Back