baxi bermuda back boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi bermuda back boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot get pilot too stay on,not thermocouple,i have cleaned gas pipe lines, when i press to get pilot lit , it sparks and lights but i have to hold grey button in the minute i let go the pilot goes off,it's as if the thermocouple is not sending a charge to hold valve open, but when i check the thermocouple it work fine, any ideas

power up the boiler,check theres 240v at the gas valve,if thermos been replaced can only be the gas valve but if you dont find 240v then test incoming power and thermostat

power up the boiler,check theres 240v at the gas valve,if thermos been replaced can only be the gas valve but if you dont find 240v then test incoming power and thermostat

would having 240v have any bearing on the pilot.

yes gas valve gubbins fubbard,not seeing thermocouple this is a simple fault if you have replaced thermo and have a good pilot flame and have 240v at gasvalve the valves knackerd simples

gas valve desrob.

It's a pain when they hold until you service the boiler then can't get it to re-lite! Explaining that one to the customer takes some tact!

gas valves the problem if pilot fine & t/c renewed, but pilot goes out after releasing.

depending on the type of honeywell valve, you may get away with just changing the magnetic valve that the t/couple goes into. cheaper than a new valve and alot easier to change.

depending on the type of honeywell valve, you may get away with just changing the magnetic valve that the t/couple goes into. cheaper than a new valve and alot easier to change.
ive not seen a servicable gas valve for many years thought they were sealed units now

yes gas valve gubbins fubbard,not seeing thermocouple this is a simple fault if you have replaced thermo and have a good pilot flame and have 240v at gasvalve the valves knackerd simples
240 v or no volts the pilot should still light and stay in mains voltage has no bearing

Are thermo electric devices available to buy for the V4600 valves? Never new was serviceable. It is almost certainly this that is faulty, going buy desrob's description. Pilot good, new thermocouple, just sounds like the thermo electric device not energizing. Just changed the whole valve whenever came across the problem myself.

Desrob
Did you actually change the thermocouple or just test it? Never trust a test 100%. If the pilot flame is strong and it is playing on the thermocouple and the connection is tight then it is the thermocouple. It can't be anything else. It will stay alight regardless of having power to the valve. A universal will do it for £1.50.
If the solenoid was gone the pilot would stay alight but the burner would not ignite. The valves themselves are very reliable and very seldom need changed.

Steve
You can still buy solenoids for v4600's and v8600's. Part V404A is the 240v and V804A is the 24v.
I usually strip the best ones off a boiler i swap (somebody has always fitted a new valve) and offer them as a previously used part with a 3 month guarantee (you'll never need to go back).
Simple job, 4 screws and the wires. Don't even need to turn the gas off.

The problem is one of three things.

1. Faulty thermocouple

2.Weak pilot light.

3.Faulty FFD in gas valve.

Try a couple of thermocouples,as tamz says,a new one can be faulty sometimes,and a £1.50 thermocouple is worth trying before a £100 gas valve.

I forgot the mark 4 had a pilot aeration tube. It it is one of those check the tube is clear and it is sitting in the right position.

Desrob
Did you actually change the thermocouple or just test it? Never trust a test 100%. If the pilot flame is strong and it is playing on the thermocouple and the connection is tight then it is the thermocouple. It can't be anything else. It will stay alight regardless of having power to the valve. A universal will do it for £1.50.
If the solenoid was gone the pilot would stay alight but the burner would not ignite. The valves themselves are very reliable and very seldom need changed.

Steve
You can still buy solenoids for v4600's and v8600's. Part V404A is the 240v and V804A is the 24v.
I usually strip the best ones off a boiler i swap (somebody has always fitted a new valve) and offer them as a previously used part with a 3 month guarantee (you'll never need to go back).
Simple job, 4 screws and the wires. Don't even need to turn the gas off.
had three thermocouples, i tried them all, i'm convinced it's the valve, thankyou for your help.

Thanks for that useful contribution.Have you ever heard the phrase"If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all"?

it may be useful to stop the repeated same answer :)

it may be useful to stop the repeated same answer :)
Repeating the answer gives the person asking the question confidence that they have been given the right answer. 2 heads are better than one so to speak.

Repeating the answer gives the person asking the question confidence that they have been given the right answer. 2 heads are better than one so to speak.
I know where mickie is coming from here and I am in no way getting at anyone for giving useful information, but if the information has been given already in the thread and you are in agreement that it is useful; is that not what the "Thanks" box is for? The person asking the question can then see one answer with a number of people in agreement having ticked the "thanks box", otherwise the thread becomes saturated with post after post of the same information.

I know where mickie is coming from here and I am in no way getting at anyone for giving useful information, but if the information has been given already in the thread and you are in agreement that it is useful; is that not what the "Thanks" box is for? The person asking the question can then see one answer with a number of people in agreement having ticked the "thanks box", otherwise the thread becomes saturated with post after post of the same information.

i totally agree in what your saying, i don't see the point in repeating what as already been said.many a time i've looked at a thread and i have been in a position to contribute, only to find the information requested already there. and regarding the fault with baxi back boiler, it was a faulty solanoid in the gas valve, so i got a new gas valve .fitted, boiler working ,punter happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
Back