Baxi Bermuda Boiler Problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Bermuda Boiler Problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer1963

Hi,
I have a Baxi Bermuda boiler which is giving me cause for concern at the moment. Just before the burner engages I can hear a rapid clicking which lasts for about 1 sec. It doesnt happen all the time but has occured about 10 times today. I'm not sure whether to leave it switched off until the problem is rectified for safety reasons or whether I can leave it on until I get someone out to fix it. Any advice / assistance on what is causing the problem would be much appreciated, thanks

Which model boiler is it?
Do you have a carbon Monoxide alarm sited nearby?

Hi,
Thanks for reply -
Baxi Bermuda 552
No Carbon Monoxide Detector

The 552 is an elderly basic boiler, when was it last serviced, could be due now and your service engineer will diagnose the problem.
Get yourself a CO alarm, very worthwhile on this type of boiler.

Last service by Gas Board 3 months ago, all ok, any idea what is causing the problem and whether I can leave it on ?

if you have a contract with the gas board give them a call, they will normally be out the same day.

We cant give you an answer about how safe your appliance is without looking at it im afraid. No crystal balls around here. :)

Hi

I remember this was common on Baxi's Back Boilers some years ago but unfortunately for the life of me I can't remember if it was poor contacts on the boiler thermostat and arcing or the solonoid on the gas valve prior to it opening but lots of them used to do it!

Last service by Gas Board 3 months ago, all ok, any idea what is causing the problem and whether I can leave it on ?

It hasn't been serviced since before you got the British gas (NOT the gas board) contract then.

Thanks for all the replies.
I have plumbing / boiler cover with British Gas. They service the boiler once a year and last service was about 3 months ago

Thanks for all the replies.
I have plumbing / boiler cover with British Gas. They service the boiler once a year and last service was about 3 months ago

My point was, they don't service the boiler. They safety check it, so don't expect the life of the boiler to benefit in any way from their little charade.

My point was, they don't service the boiler. They safety check it, so don't expect the life of the boiler to benefit in any way from their little charade.
Not saying it is carried out properly by all their engineers, but all open flued appliances are subject to a full strip clean by BG.
The only boilers that get the full monty. Only room sealed appliances are subject to a "safety check".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How to light a pilot light! Press in the grey...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
P
Sounds like a warranty call is required why...
Replies
Views
Back