Baxi Bermuda Inset 3 50/6 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Bermuda Inset 3 50/6 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alright guys?

The above boiler is going to fault light 15 seconds after putting a demand on. Doesn't spark or anything, red light comes on solid and the yellow light flashes twice, MI's suggest a fault with the gas valve or PCB. Checked resistance of the gas valve coils, they are spot on. Checked continuity down gas valve lead, which was fine. So MI's say faulty PCB.

Replaced PCB but the exact same fault is there. Baxi tech just advised to order new gas valve and lead, but I would have thought that it would still spark, even if the gas valve was knackered?

I also checked the thermostat and potentiometer resistances, which were all spot on also.

Anyone had this issue before? Or offer any advice? Cheers!

Not that problem but had a few with that kind of boiler,

Did u check resistances at all the different pins for the gas valve ,
PILOT VALVE PINS 4 n 5 = 2.8kohms
MAIN VALVE PINS 1 n 2 = 1.6kohms
PIN 3 To 1,2,4 n 5 should be more than 2Mohms
Continuity of leads aswell

What about the actual sparker ? Is the gas valve opening atall ??? Pressures

Yep, all resistances were spot on. I even tried putting a match to the pilot assembly when setting a demand to see if there was any gas coming through at all, but nothing. No spark, no gas. Standing pressure was fine as well. Electrical checks all ok as well.

I also changed the spark lead just in case there was an issue with that, but still the same.

Take gas valve out and check it...could be full of crap... Also check pilot injector to see if it's blocked.

Take gas valve out and check it...could be full of crap... Also check pilot injector to see if it's blocked.

It's not sparking though, faulty pcb I reckon. Ring Baxi again and speak to another engineer.

pcb will be faulty,had a few do this,cant see it being gas valve it should still spark,just check for RP and continuity of ign lead and probe

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if there's a fault on Gv or harness on a precheck it locks out on double flash, but usually if all resistances are right then PCB does the trick.

Ye, I didn't bother with the new gas valve as all checks were fine on the lead and valve. Got another new PCB, and it worked fine!

Always a bit of a head scratcher when you get a new PCB and it has the exact same fault on it!

Cheers for the help anyway guys!

Ye, I didn't bother with the new gas valve as all checks were fine on the lead and valve. Got another new PCB, and it worked fine!

Always a bit of a head scratcher when you get a new PCB and it has the exact same fault on it!

Cheers for the help anyway guys!

It's a proper pig when you get that. Worst thing is you start to doubt yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I mean you can test with a multi meter on the...
Replies
Views
Closed time to get a gas safe engineer out
Replies
Views
I don’t think there are any other checks on...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
The 830 and 630 are the same boiler, just the...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back