Baxi Bermuda PW5 Gas Fire Problem | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Bermuda PW5 Gas Fire Problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, i have the above gas fire with back boiler.
The boiler is working fine but there is a problem with the fire after first light of the cold season(cold according to my wife).
The ignition has always been tempramentel so we have always used a "clicker" gas igniter.

We press the knob down and turn it to ignite position light the fire and hold the knob for about 10 seconds, release and the fire is lit.

The problem now is that we do the above but when we release the knob the fire wont stay lit, it just goes out.
I have tried holding the knob down longer and longer and longer but it just wont stay lit.

Any ideas please?

Hello, you need a gas safe registered engineered to repair it. Gas appliance advice to repair, won’t be given out unless you’re a proven engineer.

Sorry

Thanks for the advice guys.
I have no intention of repairing it myself, not going to mess about with gas.
Just wanted to know the seriousness of the problem.
Do you have a link to the part required?, if cheap i want to buy it myself for the engineer to fit if possible.

Thanks again.

Do you have a link to the part required?, if cheap i want to buy it myself for the engineer to fit if possible.
I recommend you don't do that without the prior agreement of the GSR who you want to fit it. GSRs will often refuse to fit parts bought in advance by customers ("It was really cheap, I got it on Ebay.") because they need to be certain that what they are fitting is right and in good condition.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Went to a customers house last week...
Replies
Views
Thank you.
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Hi Thanks for posting on the forum...
Replies
Views
Your gas rate is your big one to check. Well...
Replies
Views
Back