BAXI boiler explosive ignition and... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BAXI boiler explosive ignition and... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello everyone,

I've got a few issues with my boiler. It's BAXI platinum 24 combi.

1. Occasionally when it fires up it does it with a big loud bang (explosive ignition?) From what I've noticed it usually happens when central heating starts up, doesn't happen with hot water (or it's just me?...)
When it does happen though, other than the bang noise I can hear something that sounds almost like the whole outer case of the boiler vibrates for a second.

2. I've noticed today that when I set up the heating to I.e 24c degrees when the rooms temp is I.e 21c it will stop itself halfway through at about 22 or 23. And then after a while it fires up back again

3. When I use hot water in the bathroom I can hear this sound coming from the boiler:

It's fine when use hw in the kitchen though...

Sorry for a long post guys.

Tia

Thanks guys. I am not the owner of the property, just renting it. Because the loud ignition happens only occasionally, it is difficult to show/prove it to the landlord/plumber and I don't think they tak it seriously enough. Especially as it mostly happens late evening/night and looks like only on the central heating, not when hot water is being used...
Plumber did check it after last winter but said it looks okay, which worries me a bit as it definitely is not right and can scare you when it does fire up with a loud bang. And to add to it, there are some new noises coming from the boiler when it's on, especially for a longer period of time. It sounds like some metal sheet bending/stretching/vibrating...

But thanks again for your replies. I will contact the plumber once again.

Have you tried recording it on the loud ignition

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
M
Chances are there’s still air in the system...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back