Baxi boiler needs topping up daily | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi boiler needs topping up daily in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, we've got a Baxi Combi 105 HE boiler which is about 13 years old. It needs water adding every time I put it on as it keeps dropping 0. I was going to nurse it through another winter but I'm thinking things must be dire now. How much would a like for like replacement be with fitting, a guesstimate?

It my need a service. Have an engineer come out and service boiler and explain about the pressure loss. Most will be on the part that is causing it straight away and should be checked as part of the service, If it continues after that you may have a leak on the heating system.

Check the p.r.p. out side see if it is dripping when boiler has been on for 10 mins.
Small copper pipe outside

Evening @Ban70. This could be a number of things, from a large leak on the system, to a part failure on the boiler. Can you top the pressure up to just above 1 bar and put the heating on please. Can you then watch the pressure and see if it rises to above the 3 bar on the pressure gauge.

Please like this post if you found it helpful.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
It’s an automatic air vent - you can close it off.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back