baxi combi 105e | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi combi 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the model with the pre heat function, is it possible to change the expansion vessel in situ ,or as the mi state boiler of the wall,

Far easier to just fit an external vessel on the return mate. Saves loads of hassle and money :)

Far easier to just fit an external vessel on the return mate. Saves loads of hassle and money :)
the one on the boiler is leaking out of the valve,so it's a case of having to come off i think,if it wasn't leaking i would consider a remote one on the return and doing away with the preheat, if i do go for the remote vessel is it like for like, same size etc

Last edited:
essentially yes, but if it is leaking out of the valve you may be forced to swap it. Have you priced up a new vessel? Prob gonna take you a good half day to drain the system, un-wire it, remove flue and then remove the boiler in order to swap the vessel.

HOW TO CHANGE IN SITU
done one on a 105 he instant much harder than on a 105e instant,drain down the system,remove the black motor,using a 5 inch drill bit push the hydrolics down,(fail to do this and you will have a flood wedging the bit against the combustion box,when the systems drained down,drill a hole in the top of the expansion vessel to LET AIR IN(at this point decide if the flue needs to come out) remove the pcb water will get in and destroy it,carefully bend the sides of the boiler frame but only slightly undo the 2 3/4 nuts connected to the ev,using a grips yank the vessel out be warned they are heavy fit the new one its usefull to have a extra pair of hands to line up the 3/4 connections on re assembly this job takes me 2.5 hours if its your first one allow 3-3.5 charge accordingly

HOW TO CHANGE IN SITU
done one on a 105 he instant much harder than on a 105e instant,drain down the system,remove the black motor,using a 5 inch drill bit push the hydrolics down,(fail to do this and you will have a flood wedging the bit against the combustion box,when the systems drained down,drill a hole in the top of the expansion vessel to LET AIR IN(at this point decide if the flue needs to come out) remove the pcb water will get in and destroy it,carefully bend the sides of the boiler frame but only slightly undo the 2 3/4 nuts connected to the ev,using a grips yank the vessel out be warned they are heavy fit the new one its usefull to have a extra pair of hands to line up the 3/4 connections on re assembly this job takes me 2.5 hours if its your first one allow 3-3.5 charge accordingly

thankyou, gasman, it's on for tomorrow so i will let you know how i got on.

Removing the lock nuts on the exp vessel, can be awkward especially if the exp v has been weeping onto them for a while!!

HOW TO CHANGE IN SITU

I'd rather approach it with a gallon of unleaded and a match than go through all that :)

I'd rather approach it with a gallon of unleaded and a match than go through all that :)

i will agree its a better solution;););),but think of what you will charge to fix it,as said its easier on a 105e instant,hard work on a he you have the recuperater pipe work in the way on the he as well

i will agree its a better solution;););),but think of what you will charge to fix it,as said its easier on a 105e instant,hard work on a he you have the recuperater pipe work in the way on the he as well
it took me 3 hours and to be quite honest went well,e vessel was already letting air in so did not after drill hole in the top of it,i've got a few cuts for my troubles and breaking the saftey stat whilst struggling to undo the 3/4 did not help and for some reason when i filled the system the o rings on the pumps connections started to leak,i must have disturbed them, not to worry job done, thanks again gas man.

it took me 3 hours and to be quite honest went well,e vessel was already letting air in so did not after drill hole in the top of it,i've got a few cuts for my troubles and breaking the saftey stat whilst struggling to undo the 3/4 did not help and for some reason when i filled the system the o rings on the pumps connections started to leak,i must have disturbed them, not to worry job done, thanks again gas man.

glad you sorted it desrob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Would go 600 series eg 618 etc or 800 series...
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Back