Baxi Combi 80 eco Flow switch | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Combi 80 eco Flow switch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey all,

Been out to one of these this eve and practically stripped it to bits but could not get it working.

Basically, when there is a demand for CH the flow switch is not being activated. The pump runs and I can push the microswitch tab up which makes it fire up but the pin on the div valve is not actuating.

Another engineer has been out and replaced PCB, APS and also a new diaphram on the flow switch (no idea why PCB and APS where changed).

There is some dirt in the system, but nothing major and I've seen far worse. The Fault finding section states the Flow Valve rod is obstructed.

I've no idea where this Flow valve rod is located as it's not in any diagrams in the manual and I was running out of time to keep hunting for it.

So, how do I get to this part or should I just just put a new div valve on?

Is there anything else that would stop the flow switch from actuating?

I'm knackered, my head has gone to mush and I've missed most of the footy :)

Cheers

Diaphragm out, little hole in brass housing , clean out little bit o dirt with pin, replace diaphragm. Good as new £30;)

Last edited:
I removed the Diaphragm and saw the little hole in the brass body, but did not even think to try and put something in there to try and clean it, Ruddy hell. So what's this rod the manual mentions then?:confused:

The rod is pushed by the diaphragm , they sometimes stick, gives the same result as the hole blocked

Diaphragm out, little hole in brass housing , clean out little bit o dirt with pin, replace diaphragm. Good as new £30;)

quite right,had this on a new performa,gunk in the brass hole must have been in stock for a while

Also Blocked main heat exchanger will give this fault..When you left the microswitch and the boiler fires is it noisy..

Also Blocked main heat exchanger will give this fault..When you left the microswitch and the boiler fires is it noisy..

yes it will so will a knackered pump,but the small brass hole is prone to system debris

Well I know the rod aint stuck as its just been replaced. I did not let the boiler run long enough to know if it was noisy when I manually lifted the micro switch.

So to clarify, after removing diaphragm, I need to put a pin down the small hole in the brass body that the diaphragm sits on?

I checked the pump and it spins freely and I can also feel the water vibrating in the flow and return pipes from the heat exchanger.

The flow switch just does not operate.

Last edited:
Well I know the rod aint stuck as its just been replaced. I did not let the boiler run long enough to know if it was noisy when I manually lifted the micro switch.

hmm, so div valve or blocked heat exchanger then???

clean out the brass hole under flow switch diaphragm first easy job may not need parts,use silicone grease on re assembly of rod pin

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi guys. ive got a glow worm 35c ..... when i...
Replies
Views
dave builder
D
Start at the tank and move in methodically...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
have a gander at the post above yours, all fixed
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back