baxi combi 80eco | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi combi 80eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

missplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
had a call to repair one. boiler not firing up, pump runs, fan running, no ignition - disconnecte one of the tubes on the APS and it fires, so board ok, just need new APS. Fitted new one today - same as, checked flue for blockages, tubes for blockages, rang baxi technical, they said aps or venturi. is there something im missing as im going back tomorrow armed with a new venturi to a not very happy customer. only saving grace is that she is more upset with the insurance company that she is paying monthly installaments for this and yet she still has to pay me direct fully!!

Wires definately on the right terminals on the APS?

Had one the other day and the orientation on the new one was different, took me 20 minutes of huffing and puffing to realise!!

i only followed and checked with th MI's spoke to baxi technical who say either a duff replacement aps or venturi blocked. i might have a look see if there are some MI's on tinternet that contradict the original.

ive just been reading through the instructions and as i understand them, the maximum vertical flue length is 4m. this does seem to be a short run, can anyone with access to the MI's confirm that i am right. if this is the case then the boilers flue is well over the maximum length. the boiler is situated in a cupboard on the ground floor ad goes vertical all the way through the main roof, probably over 6m. is it likely that this is putting extra strain on the fan and causing some of these problems and would you class it as NCS on paperwork.

ive just been reading through the instructions and as i understand them, the maximum vertical flue length is 4m. this does seem to be a short run, can anyone with access to the MI's confirm that i am right. if this is the case then the boilers flue is well over the maximum length. the boiler is situated in a cupboard on the ground floor ad goes vertical all the way through the main roof, probably over 6m. is it likely that this is putting extra strain on the fan and causing some of these problems and would you class it as NCS on paperwork.
you have 2 possible problems to check out bearing in mind this is a 80 eco so would have been in a while and worked up to now once you have verified the aps and venturies check 1,the fans not weak(this will be obvious,if its going full pelt its not at fault) 2,the flue has come apart some where highly likely if not supported properly and in paticlar with the installation you have there,once the aps and venturies are proven you need to go trough that flue with a very fine tooth comb wayne

had similar problem on main boiler back last winter flue was damaged all in sealing so no way to inspect ,flue was longer then per MI ,it did take the aps and fun was nearly dead ,but how i checked it ,i just open all windows and disconnect first peace of flue coming from boiler and then open the hot tap ! boiler run perfectly , so could do this test on your own reprehensibility
but will prove that flue is not as per MI to long or damaged air in take pipe ! pls do get back to let us all know ! as I am sure soon as you disconnect flue will work ok with the new aps

well the final outcome - monsters in the venturi. but whilst in the loft we come accross a homemade clamp holding the 2 flue extensions together. we removed that and it was sealed with electricians tape. removed that and did a flue flow test witha smoke bomb and smoke came into the loftsapce so disconnected all the bits we could see and re-assembled them back together properly and wohoo!!.

cheers chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Check the continuity of the flue with your...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Update on this post I finally got round to...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
No problem when I had my First one of them I...
Replies
Views
Back