Baxi Combi Boiler, CH fine, Water heating poor | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Combi Boiler, CH fine, Water heating poor in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

naskinner

Hi,

I had a Baxi Combi 80Eco installed 6 years ago, gradually the hot water heating has been getting worse to the point that now I have to run the hot water taps very slowly to get a reasonable temperature, but to compound the problem, it needs a fairly high flow rate to fire up the water heating, so it is a delicate balancing act to get, and keep, a flow of hot water.
The heating works fine with V.hot rads.
I live in a hard water area, I was wondering if scale could be an issue...?

I would be grateful if anyone out there can give me an idea of what the problem might be, and possible solutions.

Thanks,

Nick...

Dan
The first thing I would be looking at would be the Plate heat exchanger.
probably blocked/scaled up.

Have you got a scale inhibitor fitted?

Graham

have recently had this fault on a 80 eco,yes it could be the plate heat,also check the filter in the hdrolic block[rh side behind pump , also check yhe 2 small hydrolic pipes looking in side the boiler does the large diaprahn needle move towards the micro switch? if not it could be the diaprham,also early 80 ecos had a dhw micro switch fault the replacement switch is revised

Graham / Mark
Thanks for your quick responses:

No there is no scale inhibitor fitted.

If the heat plate is the problem, is this something a competant DIYer could do, or is it best left to a professional?
Thanks Nick...

its easy as long as you know how to drain down and issolate the boiler but get water any were near the pcb on a baxi and you have problems get somebody who knopws the macine[most do its still made and been with us for 12 years]BUT CHECK THAT FILTER FIRST thats why its there to stop crap from the cold main going into the plate heat

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Back