Baxi Combi Boiler - problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Combi Boiler - problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pretzel79

Hi
I have a baxi combi boiler. The hot water supply to my bathroom is not consistently hot. When the water is hot, it is not really hot enough despite the setting on the boiler being at the highest possible. I've noticed that the boiler fires up intermitently when the hot water is running. Should it be firing up the whole time the water is running? Also, the pressure gauge is displaying less than 1 bar when the water is not running and only increases to approx 1.5 bar when the hot water is running. I am having the boiler serviced on Tuesday but, am keen to know if I have a major repair bill coming my way...

Please help!

PS I recently had anew bathroom fitted, could this be the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
The boiler flame will ramp up and down to maintain the set temperature.
Without flows and temps its difficult to say.
Your service engineer will give you your flows etc
The pressure within the boiler is nothing to do with your hot water. It is changing due to expansion and circ pump running

Last edited:
Hot water issue, may just need a new diaphragm service kit, not expensive.
If however the boiler is still modulating on & off, could be a faulty thermista, or unfortunately if not that, a new water to water plate heat exchanger.
If it's the w/w plate h exch, ask the Eng' about checking the water quality in the system, as if it's not clean you could have the same problem occurring again. The system would be best flushed & protected with inhibitor.
Here's hoping it's just your diaphragm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
Back