Baxi combi instant 80 he , no hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi combi instant 80 he , no hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

flesi

Gas Engineer
Working on Baxi combi instant 80 he, it works on heating but not hot water. New diverter valve and new plate heat exchanger installed by another engineer still no hot water. Can anyone shed any light?

Hot water flow switch sticking or diaphragm split perhaps or the microswitch faulty? Have you checked to see if the switch is being made and if so you need to check for continuity through the switch .. 1st thoughts... :)

Any lights flashing? Does it fire up then go cold, burner off? If so then still looking at water flow switch. If a diaphragm is pinholed it can work briefly until the pressures equalize through the hole!

does the hot water demand light come on and stay on when a hot tap is opened? Turn the hot water control pre-heat stat to off when you test the hot water... see what happens :) If the switch is making then that light should stay on perminent not flashing :)

I've got to go flesi ... sounds like you've proven that a demand for hot water is definitely being made.... so when there's no burner lit is the pump and fan running? If not check for continuity through the pump flow switch and aps? Without seeing what's happening it's hard to be exact mate .... Good luck and I'll catch up later see how you're getting on :)

as steve said either small dhw diaphragm split or valve snapped or ntc fault
Cheers gas man, the issue in the first place was no heating but hot water was ok. So the previous engineer has changed the diverter valve then heating was ok but not hot water. I did change the small dhw diaphragm still no hot water. I'll try the ntc tomorrow and see what happens but still I'm not convinced .

If u short out two green wires on microswitch does demand stay on ? If demand is constant sensor issue. Did pcb get a wash at all?
I washed one once by mistake - covered the control with a cloth and a bin liner over that and taped up and it still got wet water run down the wires into the board - didn't notice and turned it on that cost me

flesi, If the demand light's staying on and no burner then you got to know whether the pump is running and being proven, fan is on and being proven, if they're ok then you got to check out the hot water thermister, swapping its probably the easiest to do :)

Are you getting a flow through the plate hex? Does the boiler 'dump down' the heating flow?

Is the diverter actuator working?

You can put the boiler into heating mode, turn off preheat and demand heating, take the actuator off and manually move the spindle to see of the water flow is being diverted .. watch the burner/feel the heating flow and return to main hex above pump to see if you're getting a flow through the phex .. :)

flesi, If the demand light's staying on and no burner then you got to know whether the pump is running and being proven, fan is on and being proven, if they're ok then you got to check out the hot water thermister, swapping its probably the easiest to do :)

Are you getting a flow through the plate hex? Does the boiler 'dump down' the heating flow?

You can put the boiler into heating mode, turn off preheat and demand heating, take the actuator off and manually move the spindle to see of the water flow is being diverted .. watch the burner/feel the heating flow and return to main hex above pump to see if you're getting a flow through the phex .. :)
steve do you know if the voltages on the diverter stay or not - went to baxi last wk on duotec hea and they said when call for htg diverter head powers for 15 sec to htg position then locks in and looses 240v when hw trhen the same powers to hw for 15 sec then locks in that position then 240v goes is it the same with the 105

Demand for hot water stays on and the burner comes on for few secs , pump & fan run, getting flow through plate hex. Pulled out the diverter actuator , u can see the pin moving when is heating demand. I'll check the thermistor tomorrow . Thx for your help.

I washed one once by mistake - covered the control with a cloth and a bin liner over that and taped up and it still got wet water run down the wires into the board - didn't notice and turned it on that cost me

Washed loads of them normally when doing diaphragm and the expansion is full of water and air lock moves! I just dab it dry and 3 mins with a hair dryer works a treat!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
A
Sounds like the diaphragm inside of the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Do you have to send the old one back ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
Back