Baxi Combie 100 HE boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Combie 100 HE boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tosher

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and not a pro plumber but a retired engineer so can handle tools ok. I have a problem with my Baxi Combi 100 HE boiler that I fear could be expensive so would appreciate some advice. Occasionally when the boiler starts up the gas valve opens and I can see a flame but it trips out after about 2 seconds (the green flame light does not come on), this repeats itself 5 times and then the red lockout light comes on and nothing more happens. When I reset it the boiler starts up ok and works fine. This fault seems very random as the boiler will fire up ok most of the time but fails obout two or three times per day. It happens whether to boiler is being started from either a hot tap being opened or the room stat operating. I would be very grateful for any guidance. Thanks. tosher

I would Check the fan, venturi and flue. Clean out tubes from fan to air switch. ( I buy a can of presurised air to start to keep costs down)
Also I make sure you turn power off to boiler before you start.
This is where I would start.
come back for more advice if needed. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would Check the fan, venturi and flue. Clean out tubes from fan to air switch. ( I buy a can of presurised air to start to keep costs down)
Also I make sure you turn power off to boiler before you start.
This is where I would start.
come back for more advice if needed. Good luck!

Many thanks for your response, I will do as you suggest.

Many thanks for your response, I will do as you suggest.

tosher I very much doubt the problem lies with your fan IMO ... If it's the boiler I'm thinking of you'll be hard pushed to find an air pressure switch or a venturi as its a pre-mix burner. Most likely the flame detection but could be flue or condensate related .... Best get a GSR engineeer out :)

Treat your self to a new set of electrodes and all problems will disapear (probally). Merry Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Back