Baxi condensing boiler btu output. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi condensing boiler btu output. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob.quick

Hi,

Just looking at the instruction manual for my Baxi 100he plus boiler and noticed that the boiler output can be adjusted by removing two 'jumpers' from within the boiler, output goes from 75000btu to 103000btu. The house has 16 radiators in total, what else should be taken into account when the boiler installer decides to remove or leave the 'jumpers' ?.

Why would the installer be removing the jumpers. According to your old posts this boiler has been installed quite a long time

Simonjohns, correct, the boiler was fitted 3 years ago. It was purely out of curiosity having looked through the instruction manual when fitting the room stat.

Putting the question another way why do the manufactures give you two options for output when the boiler also has a thermostat adjuster on the front of the boiler?

As I said the question was me being inquisitive and nothing else, trying to work out what considerations the installer would had to of thought of when he decided to leave or remove jumpers !!!

It's all depends on the loading of the system you have. If you have a requirement for 100k btu's then having it set at 80k will be useless

You get me?

Curiosity killed the cat. A GSR engineer would know the answer. I wouldn't mess with it. DIY gas work kills!

Simonjohns, makes sense many thanks.

Alexgas, I appreciate what you're saying however, it was genuinely a question.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
A RGI may be able (on advice) to range rate...
Replies
Views
Back