Baxi condensing boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi condensing boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob.quick

Evening,

I've got a 3 year old condensing baxi boiler that has a plastic pipe that runs from the base of the boiler to the external drain of the house. Am I right in assuming that water should drain through this pipe when the boiler is condensing ?? I've never seen anything drain from this pipe in 2 years of living in the house, should I be worried ?!

Thanks.

It will drip rather than run.

If your not sure if it's working or not. Put some tissue under it and see if it gets wet

If it doesn't 'drip' what does this indicate, are there any symptoms ??!!

It's a 100/2he plus, not sure about the kw output. The reason I've questioned it is because the boiler cuts out occasionally, I've had various engineers look at it however, no one has ever really got to the bottom of the issue.

Thought the lack of condensing fluid could be connected ?!

Thanks.

It's a 100/2he plus, not sure about the kw output. The reason I've questioned it is because the boiler cuts out occasionally, I've had various engineers look at it however, no one has ever really got to the bottom of the issue.

Thought the lack of condensing fluid could be connected ?!

Thanks.
its unlikely to be the cause some boilers produce very little condensate

Thanks Gasman. Are these boilers any good in general ??
BAXI are a strange company there combis the 105 and duotec are excellent industry leaders in every aspect however they run out of money on your boiler sadly it was a bad un from the word go and did not mature with age my best advice to you is either find a good independent who knows it backwards or insure it with BAXI directly

Rob, most boilers have a syphonic trap meaning they dont run all the time.

When the boiler is condensing the internal trap fills up untill it can hold no more, then it emptys the trap (maybe about half a litre) it will then not drip untill the trap is full again.

If the boiler has been in 2 years and it has not shut down or leaked inside, I would say you have not got a problem.

Gasman, haven't got a clue what I'm saying however, I couldnt agree more !

The boiler cuts out, costs a fortune to run (£600 for 6 weeks Xmas 2010 for 6 hours a day) and doesn't seem to warm the house that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back