Baxi Duotec 40 hot water gone cold | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Duotec 40 hot water gone cold in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

B

bobnlibby

I posted earlier about our hot water cycling on and off but now its got worse :(

When a hot water tap is opened, water starts to flow, the boiler fires up and the boiler temp display goes up slowly to around 60 degrees, all as usual, and the water gets warm. Then, the boiler temp starts to rise very fast, there's a rattling noise from the boiler and at 95 degrees the burner cuts out. While this is happening the water goes cool again. This cycles for as long as the tap is on.

I've checked the central heating works normally, and the system pressure is normal but a fault code of E125 came up earlier, any ideas please ?

don't keep trying you could cause damage

when you said before that when he cleaned the heat exchanger and it worked briefly how long is that? did he use chemicals or just rinse it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I posted earlier about our hot water cycling on and off but now its got worse :(

When a hot water tap is opened, water starts to flow, the boiler fires up and the boiler temp display goes up slowly to around 60 degrees, all as usual, and the water gets warm. Then, the boiler temp starts to rise very fast, there's a rattling noise from the boiler and at 95 degrees the burner cuts out. While this is happening the water goes cool again. This cycles for as long as the tap is on.

I've checked the central heating works normally, and the system pressure is normal but a fault code of E125 came up earlier, any ideas please ?
your plate heat exchanger is blocked stop using the boiler on hot water mode and call someone in

Upvote 0
don't keep trying you could cause damage

when you said before that when he cleaned the heat exchanger and it worked briefly how long is that? did he use chemicals or just rinse it?

I do not know to be honest as i was at work and my wife was at home and i have just repeated what he told me. It was only a week ago and it only worked for a couple of hours when he did that.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IME Mira showers of that age are usually very...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I suspect that the macerator activation is...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Back