Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rizz077

I have an interesting problem with Baxi Eco80 boiler which i inherited when i moved into my flat a few month ago.

At first i thought it was the thermostat so i recently replaced it with a 3rd Gen Nest. However its evidently not the thermostat.

Problem occurs when the boiler has been idle for a long time i.e both CH and DHW have not been running.
When the thermostat kicks in, i can hear the pump running but no flame ignition. The problem seems to be resolved only by turning on a hot water tap after which the flame ignition sequence seems to work just fine and the CH system fires up.

Once the system is running it seems to be able turn off and on (as demanded by the thermostat) however if left off for too long the same problem occurs.

I have checked the system pressure is set correctly to 1.5 barg,

Ay idea what the problem could be?

Yep.

One you need a gsr for. You need to prove your credentials to receive gas advice in a private forum on UKPlumbersforums.

No gas advice in open forum.

We wont give you advice on how to fix it but i will give you good advice as a experienced baxi engineer,its a easy boiler to work on,if its in good condition it will outlive most other brands,put a post up in find a engineer section,most good boiler repairers will know this machine backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
R
If interested please pm the op directly.
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Back